The second session of the Pan African Farmers Organization (PAFO)-COLEACP Innovation Series will focus on ‘Grow local: Conquering local markets’.
Points discussed among others:
– In serving local markets in value-added products, what are the main challenges encountered by businesses and SMEs, and how can innovation help them to grow?
– Are we seeing changes by consumers towards buying local products?
– What should the public and private sector investment in local processing facilities and growth look like from a business perspective? What are the main business development skills and capacity barriers for entrepreneurs to serve local markets, and how can they be overcome?
– What are the key drivers to capture more added value in local markets for local businesses?
– To overcome the immediate pressures created by Covid-19, what short-term emergency financing and targeted technical assistance are needed?
– We have a great panel featuring successful businesses and SMEs across various value chains in added-value products serving local markets in Africa. We will also have the perspective of research, policy, and finance experts.
The hole second session, “Grow local: Conquering local markets”, is available Here